Did you know your diet plays a role in your oral health? Well, it’s true! Having ideal foods to help strengthen your teeth can improve your oral health and smile. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Steven Sachs with Sachs Family Dental in Orem, Utah, is happy to provide you this list of necessary information on oral health and your diet:
Foods You Should Avoid
– Sugars: Sugary foods can lead to dental erosion and cavities.
– Carbs: Foods that are high in carbs can lead to dental erosion and cavities.
– Hard Snacks: Biting into hard products can chip and crack teeth.
– Sticky and Chewy Snacks: Sticky and chewy snacks can increase the rate of tooth decay.
– Lodged Foods: Food stuck between teeth can increase your rate of tooth decay.
Foods You Should Eat
– Watery Snacks: Watery snacks can increase the rate of saliva produced in your mouth.
– Crunchy Foods: Crunchy foods can produce additional saliva.
– Nutritious Meals: Nutritious meals are beneficial for your mouth.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to improve your diet and oral health. If you have questions about your oral health or feel it’s time for a dental checkup, please call us today at 801-225-4701 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to talk to you and help you improve your smile.