Posted June 5, 2017.
Sensitive teeth stopping you from enjoying your day? Here at Sachs Family Dental, we strive to provide the information needed for the care and treatment of your smile. If you are experiencing sensitive teeth, Sachs Family Dental provides various treatments to choose from to help alleviate any discomfort. Some of these treatments include the following:
- Surgical gum grafts are used when the gum tissue is lost from the root. This decreases sensitivity while protecting the root.
- Although a root canal is typically the last resort to treating tooth sensitivity, persistent sensitivity may require one. Your dentist goes in to remove pulp containing nerves and tissue in the tooth, then cleans and seals the tooth. Your dentist may recommend this as a solution to your discomfort.
- Desensitizing toothpaste contains compounds to avoid the transmission of sensation from the tooth’s exterior to the nerve. Multiple applications are usually required before your sensitivity decreases.
- Like desensitizing toothpaste, fluoride gel strengthens enamel and prevents the sensation transmission to the nerve. This is mostly used in your dentist’s office.
- To correct a flaw in the tooth or decay, a crown, inlay or bonding may be placed. These all involve the placing of material to relieve your discomfort and to correct the issue.
Preventing sensitive teeth can be done with proper oral care, but we understand that certain circumstances demand care. Our office here in Orem, Utah, will be happy to provide any information pertaining to your teeth’s care and treatment. Call us at 801-225-4701 to set up a consultation or appointment with Sachs Family Dental today.