Dr. Steven Sachs and our team at Sachs Family Dental are committed to helping you keep your smile healthy and bright for years to come. We are pleased to provide a number of preventive care services at our office to prevent dental disease. We invite you to contact our office today at 801-225-4701 to learn more about preventive dentistry in Orem, Utah, and to set up your next appointment with our friendly dentist.
The goal of preventive care is to protect your smile from damage caused by tooth decay, periodontal disease (gum disease), and other damaging dental conditions. Preventive dentistry works to avert these diseases before they cause damage that requires repair. We offer a number of preventive dental treatments to help you keep your smile in the best possible health. These services include dental sealants and dental cleanings; visiting our office regularly ensures that we detect and treat any early signs of damage before they become more extensive and painful.
There are several steps you can take to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Our dentist and the team recommend that you follow these guidelines to help minimize your chances for developing cavities:
- Brush and floss your teeth every day. You should brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with a limited amount of very sugary or acidic foods.
- Visit our office at least twice a year for a routine tooth cleaning and dental exam.
- Ask our team about dental sealants and fluoride treatment to see if they are right for your smile.
To learn more about preventive care, we invite you to call or visit us today!
Dental Cleanings & Exams
The American Dental Association recommends that you visit the dentist every 6 months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. These regular checkups help Dr. Steven Sachs to monitor your oral health and quickly provide any treatments you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy. We welcome you to contact us at 801-225-4701 to schedule an appointment at Sachs Family Dental and learn more about dental exams and teeth cleanings in Orem, Utah.
Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office. Each time you visit our dental practice for a checkup, we will provide professional teeth cleaning and dental exams to help your smile stay healthy. During your cleaning and exam, our dental team will:
- Clean your teeth by removing any plaque or tartar (also called dental calculus), which can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Floss and polish your teeth for a healthy, bright smile
- Examine your smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions or diseases
We may utilize dental X-rays to further evaluate your smile and make certain that you receive the dental care you need. Regular dental cleanings and exams are essential in maintaining good oral health, preventing cavities and gum disease, and making sure that any damaging conditions are treated as early as possible.
We recommend that you visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. We may suggest more frequent visits if needed, and we also encourage you to contact us if you suffer from a dental emergency, pain, or injury. To schedule your next appointment, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to caring for your smile!
When you visit Sachs Family Dental for a dental checkup, or when our dentist is planning a dental procedure, dental X-rays are used to provide a more accurate picture of your teeth and supporting structures, helping to more effectively plan and perform your treatments. To make your appointment with Dr. Steven Sachs and learn more about dental X-rays in Orem, Utah, please call us at 801-225-4701.
Digital X-rays are one of the advanced diagnostic tools we use to provide you with the best possible care. Digital radiography has changed the way we take dental X-rays by making the process faster, more comfortable, and more convenient than ever before. Digital X-rays use a digital sensor to take images of your teeth, unlike traditional X-rays that use film. Digital X-rays use significantly less radiation than conventional film X-rays and require the use of no chemicals for developing the images. Our dentist can then instantly view the high-quality images on monitors right in the treatment room to provide you with efficient, accurate diagnoses and care. Our team is able to use digital radiography to identify and diagnose several types of dental problems, such as:
- Decay in between teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
- Improper tooth root positioning
- Cysts and abscesses
- Fractures in existing fillings
- Infection in the tooth nerves
- Bone loss
Digital dental X-rays are used to plan many kinds of dental treatment, such as oral surgery procedures, root canal treatment, dental implants, orthodontics, and more. To learn more about digital radiography and how we use X-rays at our office, we welcome you to call or visit us soon.
Oral Cancer Screening
Sachs Family Dental offers screenings for oral cancer in Orem, Utah, to help quickly diagnose oral cancer and provide treatment before it becomes life-threatening. As with all forms of cancer, you have a much higher chance of successful treatment when the problem is identified early. Please call us at 801-225-4701 to learn more about oral cancer screenings and make your appointment with Dr. Steven Sachs, our caring and experienced dentist.
dental services oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life-threatening. At our office, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentist and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
The following are common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.
One of the most important things you can do to prevent tooth decay and disease is to practice good oral hygiene at home. When you visit Sachs Family Dental for your regular checks, our dentist and team will review your oral hygiene routine with you and make suggestions about how you can improve it. Call 801-225-4701 today to set up your appointment with Dr. Steven Sachs and to learn more about dental hygiene in Orem, Utah.
During your time at our office, our team works hard to improve your oral health. It is essential, however, that you continue taking care of your smile at home through consistent oral hygiene. Good dental hygiene includes a number of daily habits and practices that help to keep your smile healthy and bright. Our dentist and the team recommend that you follow these basic steps to help your smile stay in optimal health:
- Brush your teeth after each meal or at least twice a day. We encourage you to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a toothpaste that includes fluoride.
- Floss at least once every day. The most important time to floss is just before you go to sleep at night.
- Eat a balanced diet. Limiting your intake of very sugary and acidic foods can help to prevent tooth decay.
- Maintain your regular visits with our dentist every six months. During these visits, we will provide professional teeth cleaning and a thorough dental exam to make certain we provide any needed preventive or restorative treatments.
When you visit our dentist and team, we will review your dental hygiene habits with you and offer needed information on any additional steps you can take to further improve your oral health. To learn more about dental hygiene and schedule your next appointment at our office, we welcome you to call or visit us today.